We are a boutique firm and as such our process is one that drives efficiency—in the use of your time and our results.
To help build our relationship with you, our initial meeting is at no cost to you. This time is spent learning your business and discussing whether it is the right time to sell and importantly, determine whether SVG Capital Group can meet your needs.
Our approach to a sales mandate at SVG Capital Group generally involves the following:
- Assess the Value/Likely Selling Price for Your BusinessWe will review your business’ financial information and discuss with you the nature of the operations of the business in order to prepare a pricing analysis. This pricing analysis, along with advice from your tax accountant and other professional advisers, will provide the foundation for an informed decision about the sale of your business.
- Develop Marketing DocumentsBased upon the knowledge developed during the preparation of the pricing analysis and further consultations with you, we will develop a Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM). The CIM will be provided to potential buyers only after they have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The CIM will highlight the strengths and opportunities your business offers to potential buyers. The CIM will include the key information that a buyer will require to make an informed offer for your business.
- Buyer SearchThrough our extensive database of potential buyers, industry contacts and in-depth research of the market, SVG Capital Group will access both strategic and financial buyers who we believe will likely pay the highest price for your business.
- Introduction of Buyers to the BusinessWe will selectively and discreetly approach the prospective buyers to evaluate and establish their interest in acquiring your business. We will also screen those buyers who approach us through our extensive network to match their financial and business resources with your business.
- Obtain Letters of IntentOur aim is to create a competitive marketplace for your business. Our goal is to generate multiple bids for your business. These letters of intent (LOI’s) will set out the key terms under which the buyer proposes to acquire your business. You will then be in a position to select the buyer with the most attractive offer and the buyer to whom you can feel comfortable selling your business.
- Negotiate with Selected Buyer(s)We have years of negotiation experience from which to draw upon when representing you in negotiations for the sale of your business. We understand the buyer’s priorities and will use our knowledge to extract the highest potential price for your business.
- Manage Data Flow in the Due Diligence Process Once an LOI has been agreed upon, the due diligence process will commence. Our role in the due diligence process is to manage information flow between you, your advisors (accountants, lawyers, etc.), the buyer and the buyer’s advisors.
- Close the DealFinally, our goal is to successfully conclude a sales transaction to meet your needs. Throughout the process we are there to ensure the transaction runs smoothly and to minimize the disruption to your life and business. We are experienced in getting deals done.